Cyber Security is the hottest topic in the IT world at present. More noticeably since the GDPR regulations came into place in 2017. The industry standard core security goals are: Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
Companies are now held responsible for data breaches. With fines up to 20 million euros or 4% of global turnover (whatever is highest). More information can be found here: Link
IT estates of all sizes need to take all forms of security seriously. CTM Tech can help audit, implement and maintain security measures across your IT estate. Layering security throughout provides preventative measures at all different areas of your IT estate.
- Network Security – Its not just your Firewall that can be compromised. Network security is required at all touch points for data. From Access Points / Switches / Routers / Firewalls / IoT
- Client and Server Security – Security policies implemented on clients to disable features that are open by default.
- Endpoint and Server Encryption – A stolen laptop or USB key could result in huge fines if this data is deemed PII (Personal Identifable Information). Just a user password will not protect you.
- Logging / Monitoring – Do you track file/folder permissions and access of your files? Monitoring and alerting on out of the norm behaviour will protect against disgruntled employees or GDPR data being sneaked out of the company.
- 2 Factor authentication – A powerful mitigation to protect against brute force attacks on passwords.
- Patch Management – Patching the vulernatabilities that could be exploited
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware – Protecting against threats in a timely manner (AV thats free does not provide the same security as subscription based software)
CTM Tech can help by auditing each layer of your IT estate and propose / implement recommendations to improve your IT security posture. If you have any form of PII or GDPR data. A simple but effective security posture is imperative in the digital era.